Carpenter Hotel combines rich Austin history with a lush locale for a unique hotel experience in Austin, Texas. 400 Josephine Street is the historic site of the Carpenters Local 1266 Union Hall, built in 1948, and its original building serves as the heart and entrance of the hotel along with our café and full-service restaurant, Carpenters Hall. Both café and restaurant offer pool service and room service.
Fresh air greets you at every turn, from the exterior breezeway and stairwell to each room’s private terrace. Distinctive rooms feature king and queen beds, closets, minibars, balconies, and bathrooms awash in cerulean tile reminiscent of nearby Barton Springs. Take a hike, have a drink by the pool, visit downtown, or just relax on your open terrace. This is your vacation.
- Swimming pool
- Private Terrace in each room
- Carpenters Hall with room and pool service
- Carpenter Coffee Bar with coffee, tacos, and pastries in the AM and Cocktails and Bites in the PM
- Lush grounds with pool pavilion and Quonset hut
- Easy access to Zilker Park, Hiking Trails, and Barton Springs
- Record collection and player for guest use
- Curated mini-bars in room
- Complimentary wifi and phone
- All natural bath products
- Safe deposit boxes available in room
- Accessible path of travel to the building entrance
- Canine companions are welcome for a fee of $50 per visit, fee excludes Service Animals. Dogs cannot be left unattended in room.
Guests of Carpenters Hall and Carpenter Coffee Bar, we validate for 2 hours. Please see host with your license plate number handy for the host to register.
Parking is not guaranteed without registration
All sales are final, payment will be verified with your license plate number.
Oversized vehicles not permitted
Didn’t bring a car? Rideshare and micro-mobility options abound. Scooters, bike rentals, even a canoe for river trips. Keep an eye out, can’t miss ’em.